Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
smellies, jellies, rubs, sprays
I'm a firm believer in scents. Seems the secret is out one those banana lovin' trout!. I wonder...trout with banana's, nah [Tongue]. I would like to know who uses what scents for different fish and if they think it makes a difference. I like to use Mikes crayfish scent for bass and those perch like bananas too.
[signature]
I like to use scents on occasion, but I'm not sold on them catching more fish. I seem to do about the same whether there is any extra flavor or not....oh well, I'll keep using it anyways.
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] Well, I use a lot of the Smelly jelly. I like to use the Shad scent for Willard Bay,not always but I do use it. I also like to use the Anchovie Scent for Mack fishing at Bear lake.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3] All I can say is that I use this stuff and I catch fish,just my 2 cents worth.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Excellent discussion on the matter found [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=222199"]HERE[/url]

lurechucker
[signature]
That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks lurechucker. Can you send me a PM (or reply) on how you made that link or even knew it was there.
[signature]
I've always used the crawfish SJ. It has always worked in the waters I fish. But I must admit the banana outdid it Saturday, plus my hands smelled better at the end of the day.
[signature]
Who makes the banana scent and where can I get some? I currently use Smelly Jelly and Berkley trout and crappie type. I seem to have had the best luck with the Berkely Crappie juice. It actually seemed to make a difference.

Thanks
[signature]
Trésor works for me!
[signature]
Well, if they aint biting, I will about try anthing to induce a bite. If fact, I went and bought a couple different scents including banana while I was out today.
[signature]
Banana scent has been around for quite some time. I bought Mister Twister ( I think that's the brand) curley tails 15 years ago that were banana scented. I also remember getting second hand information about 15 years ago about a guy killing fish up at Strawberry using a certain banana scented lure. I guess the "bananas" are out of the bag now, eh?
[signature]
mmm... (sniff) tuna! Works for me every time.
[signature]
This title is kinky enough without bananas and tuna ....

SJ anchovie works pretty good for me.
[signature]
smelly jelly anchovie or crawfish with sparkle. I'm sold on this.
later chuck
[signature]
scent free is for me eny scent blocker's or good cleaning soap is what i use scent's are over rated scent free.
[signature]
ANCHOVY SALT WITH GLITTER. IS A KILLER ON ALL. WALLEYES TROUT BASS THEY ALL DIG THAT STUFF. ITS ALOT HARDER TO PUT IN A TUBE JIGG. AND ITS NO FUN ON THE FINGER TIPPS. BUT WELL WORTH THE EXTRA EFFORT. FOR JIGS I PUT SOME IN A ZIP LOCK BAGGIE AND ABOUT EVERY 20 OR SO CAST DROP MY JIG BACK IN THE BAGGIE. KEEPS IT OFF MY FINGERS. IN SUMMER WHEN JEELYS TURN LIQUID FROM HEAT THIS IS A WAY TO KEEP BOTLE IN FRIDGE AT HOME AND JUST TAKE WHAT ILL USE IN A DAY.
[signature]
scents definitely can improve fishing..i have NO doubts. finding the right scent...hmm now that's the question.

I have wondered though, and i am sure that is has happened, that a scent can hurt fishing...specially if it's something an older fish (caught and released) has seen before or something that 'just doesn't seem right' to a fish.

i just started making my own scents...looking forward to experimenting with this.

cyas
rc
Making your own scents? I have some of my own [Tongue] It seems that Smelly Jelly brand is quite popular. I might have to try the sardine on some 'eyes at the lake here pretty quick. Anyone ever use SJ nightcrawler scent? It smells good, that scares me. Never used it though. Do scents really work on lures? It seems like more of a reaction bite to me. I've only used them on soft plastics.
[signature]