Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Bass Revival,Win A $200 gift card.
For this years contest you will need a 443 in the picture. No prizes as of yet, just bragging rights. I will work on getting something for the winner from Mike. This contest is open to all species of bass. So if you fish for spotted bass to stripers, post your entry. Bytebull was the winner in 2010, so lets get busy and take his crown away.[Wink]
[signature]
My first entry - Jan 17, 2011

Lure: Luck E Strike Football Jig 3/8oz
Watermelon w/purple flake skirt
Black Pork Rind dual tail

Local Farm Pond, 17.5 in. Approximately 2.5 to 3.5lb.

[inline 2011BASS_HOLDING.JPG]

Above pic right before I released it back into the pond.

[inline 2011BASS.JPG]
[signature]
Ok folks, the powers to be. [The Angler] Have given the go ahead to award this years winner a $200.00 Bass Pro Shop Gift Certificate. Any thing else we can get from our sponsers will be added. So lets make this year rock. [cool]
[signature]
Can I get some more details on this? Such as, how to enter, rules, etc?
[signature]
There's no entry requirement or form. Just be a member of Bigfishtackle.com and catch a largemouth, smallmouth, or striped Bass in the year 2011.

You have to take a photograph of the fish with the numbers 443 in the picture. Preferably with a tape measure in the photo to judge length fairly.

I just put 2011 and ARK on the paper that I take use in my photographs.

Preferably you will post the state you caught the fish, what type of water, what lure and weather conditions? You don't have to post all that.

Only bass caught in lakes, ponds or reservoirs that are considered PUBLIC WATERS.

That's about all there is to the rules. I don't think anyone would try to cheat and fake a photo here. What's the sportsmanship in that...

Good luck! I'd love some competition this year. Take my crown, if you can.
[signature]
What determines the winner?

Most pics submitted?

Best Pic?

Biggest?
[signature]
[quote UTExplorer]What determines the winner?

Most pics submitted?

Best Pic?

Biggest?[/quote]

x2 ... how do you win the crown and the $200 gift card?
[signature]
Largest Bass. I ask that question last year because someone submitted a very large striped bass. I was told there would be a winner for each of the three species (but each participant could only win in ONE category).

Winner determined by the bigfishtackle.com staff.

Based on:

1.) The validity of the photo posted. ( Must have 443 distinguishable in the photo to prove it was caught in 2011) any image that is poor or appears to be altered will be disqualified.

2.) The Length of the bass in the photo. Must have a tape measure present in photo to prove length.

3.) If two bass are entered by different participants that measure the same exact length the Bigfishtackle.com staff would determine, based on the photo, which is actually "heavier" and the larger bass.

4.) All Bass must be caught on Public Waters accessible by all fisherman.

Please use sportsmanlike conduct during the competition and do not submit photo's of bass caught from private stocked waters.

I believe that sums it up. If I missed anything I'm sure that gdn443 can clear things up for you.

The contest ends December 31, 2011 at 12:00 Midnight.
[signature]
Thanks for your help, bytebull... but just a couple more questions. [Tongue] What categories are there exactly? I mean, there are dozens of "bass," so what specifically are the categories? Is it as specific as largemouth, smallmouth, and spotted bass or are they all just lumped into one "black bass" category? Also, is the winner for each category going to win a $200 gift card, or how exactly is the $200 gift card won? Sounds like a fun contest. I'm in, I just want to make sure I understand how it all works.
[signature]
Spotted and Black bass will go under Lgmouth. Smallies under another, with Stripers in salt or freshwater rounding out the 3ed category. Striper winners will also get home made sluggos in your choice of color. I can't answer yet if the angler will give $200 for each category, but defiantly for lgmouth. Good luck and great fishing this year.
[signature]
Sounds good to me, so if I'm understanding this right, there are basically 3 categories: Largemouth, Smallmouth, and Striped. And you can count other species of bass, but they will all fall into one of those 3 categories... correct? Ex. Spotted Bass will be grouped into the Largemouth category.

It may be a bit too late since we are already a few months into the contest, but might I make a suggestion? I think it would probably be a bit more fair to put Spotted Bass into the Smallmouth category. I mean, let's be honest... when you're talking big bass, Spotted Bass just simply can't compete with Largemouths. Smallies and Spots are much closer together in size. I can understand why we are grouping Spots in with the Largemouth since they look very similar and this is a photo contest, but anyone who has caught enough Spotted Bass and Largemouth Bass can instantly tell the difference just by looking at them... even if it is a photo. I guess it really doesn't matter to me since none of the lakes I fish have Spotted Bass in them (we've got Guadalupes that we incorrectly call "Spots"), but I just figured I'd throw it out there in case there's anyone out there who fishes Spotted Bass lakes a lot. Whatever the case... I'll be entering the Largemouth category. [cool]
[signature]
We kept the small mouth by itself due to the northern boys not being able to compete with the big southern fish. This way they have a chance to win as well. You still have months of fishing ahead, so keep at it. You can always post a bigger fish as the year goes along. Good Luck
[signature]
See, that's exactly my point though. You do know that the world record for Spotted Bass is only 10.48lbs while the world record for Smallmouth Bass is 11lbs 15oz... right? While Spotted Bass may look similar to Largemouths, they come no where near as close in size... not even down here in the South. In talking size, smallies and spots are on much more equal footing than largemouths and spots. Generally speaking, the bench-mark for a trophy-sized largemouth is about 10lbs, while the bench-mark for both smallies and spots is about 5-6lbs. All I'm saying is... no matter where you go in the country, smallmouths and spots run the same size... largemouths are much bigger than either.

However, none of this really matters to me because I don't really fish any smallmouth or spotted bass waters where I currently live (occasionally, but not often), so I'll be entering the largemouth category. [cool] And it probably won't matter to anyone because either way, there's only a handful of bodies of water in the nation that can produce Spots big enough to compete with big smallies... and I don't think there's anyone that posts on this board who fishes those few bodies of water. [Tongue]

One last question... to submit a catch, does it need to be posted in this thread? Or where should it be posted?
[signature]
Yep, post on this thread.
[signature]
Man, I forgot about this contest. What's leadin' it so far??? I just made my 443 sign to put in my photos.
[signature]
Well, so far the only submission I see is 17.5". Expect me to take the lead tomorrow. Har! [cool] On my way back from running some errands, I stopped at a creek coming off Lake Austin in order to see if there were any fish on beds in there. Sure enough, I spotted a 5-7lber locked on to a bed. I'll go get her in the morning. [cool]
[signature]
GEEZ! I should totally have checked this forum out earlier! I have already caught my biggest bass of the year and more than one at 20 inches and over. I will make a sign promptly hahahaha. Here's a couple pics of what you guys may be competing against just for fun. I know they don't count because I didn't hear about the sign contest thing, but they were caught this year for sure haha. The fattest one weighed 6lbs 3 oz.
[signature]
I already have 26 inch one but just haven't posted it yet.. I'll wait til they show the wizard of oz this fall...

you gonna have to do good to beat me.

let the game begin!!
[signature]
yes i said 26 inch...

its about 11lb ... we had the local game warden come and weight it...just shy of the state record... I'll post the image this fall...

you guys got all year to get one as big.
[signature]
Nice fish
[signature]