Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone out there?
Man...sorry I didn't see this sooner....I'm guessing that I'm too late to help you out.

The weather systems pushing through here have shut down most of the good action. Your best bet would be to take your nephew to one of the urban ponds. In fact the 24th is the day that they stock a bunch of hungry catfish for the first time of the year. Action can be very fast on those days. It is a unique time of year for the urban fisheries. You can still catch holdover hatchery trout, they have just stocked tons of 6-9" sunfish, and also the cats.

Just go to the nearest wal-mart and you can pick up an urban license for $16. If your nephew is old enough to be able to handle the rod all by himself, then you may not need to get a license at all (although it is still a good idea because it really depends on the officer writing tickets where the line is drawn between where an adult is just helping a child and where the adult is actually fishing). You'll also be able to get a pamphlet that tells you where to find all of the urban fisheries.

-Jack
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Anyone out there? - by Shrimpboy - 03-01-2005, 06:28 PM
Re: [Shrimpboy] Anyone out there? - by davetclown - 03-02-2005, 02:15 PM
Re: [Shrimpboy] Anyone out there? - by tubeN2 - 03-04-2005, 03:19 PM