Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Storing Night Crawlers ???
Mine was doing well until my wife set it out in the sun while we were doing a yard clean up... By the time I seen it, I had rotten worms again... I'm a failure, but I did get one good fishing trip out of that bin of worms... I like the video, I need to figure out how to get worms started in my compost pile, I think they would do well there, it's big enough that the bottom will stay cool after the heat cycle is over anyway... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
I used to catch crawlers and sell them to anglers and local fishing stores . I had a big untreated plywood bin I kept them in with Buss bedding . Never really fed them just kept them cool
And damp in basement. Kept thousands sometimes! Sold them
Off periodically so there was turnover. So last year I decided to catch and keeps some. Tried several bedding combinations, ended up losing 12 doz or so. This year I caught 6 doz a month and a half or so ago. I put 3 doz in styrofoam commercial worm
Caddy with moist bedding it came and 3 doz in cut off gal milk jug with damp leaves a little garden soil and brown grass clippings. Check them both every few days add a bit of bottled water to keep moist but not “wet “ they had been doing fine. Came back from Powell trip for a few days commercial bedding styrofoam all dead!!! Milk jug with leaves, soil perfect fat and happy!!
Done with thst brand of bedding. Want to try the old standby buss bedding ( it seems like it is ground up newspaper as I remember It worked great for so many years. Egg cartons cut up or shredded seem like they would be very similar to buss, may try that. Will have to catch a few more while yard is still damp tonight for more testing!
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life