Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to know how to get to the east dike at Willard
Need to know how in the heck do you get to the east dike at Willard Bay. 
 Any direction will do for me. But please, I will not use a helicopter or parachute from a plane or any such thing.
 I looked at the Google satellite and it looks like there are some cattle and some dirt roads.

Thanks
El Catafish Logic
(04-27-2024, 08:56 AM)catfish-logic Wrote: Need to know how in the heck do you get to the east dike at Willard Bay. 
 Any direction will do for me. But please, I will not use a helicopter or parachute from a plane or any such thing.
 I looked at the Google satellite and it looks like there are some cattle and some dirt roads.

Thanks

Boating or bank tangling? If the former just go out of the south marina and turn right.  If you want to fish it from the rocks there are two options.  1.  Park at the designated parking area at the turnoff to the south marina and walk over to the access path along the north dike (from the water users' bldg.) of the inlet out to the east dike of the main lake.  It's a long walk so you might want a bicycle.   (See pages19, 20 & 30 of the attached writeup.)  2.  Go to the end of south 1500 W., go across the little bridge and up onto the dike in Freeway Bay...and then go left to get to the east dike.  (See page 40 of the attached writeup.)

Attached Files
.pdf   2. AREAS & MAPS.pdf (Size: 6.5 MB / Downloads: 40)
Pat,

Have you ever considered publishing that tome and retiring in luxury from the proceeds?  'Dude', I could study that for a month and not learn it all.  ?
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(04-27-2024, 01:40 PM)dubob Wrote: Pat,

Have you ever considered publishing that tome and retiring in luxury from the proceeds?  'Dude', I could study that for a month and not learn it all.  ?

I appreciate your appreciation, Bob.  I actually put together  a whole CD/book on Willard Bay several years ago.  I made it in digital form...all in PDF files...to save printing costs and to enable me to make periodic updates as needed.  I originally sold the CDs for $20, but not many penurious (cheap) angler types wanted to spend money on that silly stuff.  So I have not yet "retired in luxury". 

I never did intend to make a lot of money with my written ramblings.  My main goal is simply to download and share what I think I have learned over several decades of fishing Willard and interacting with DWR for a lot of info not generally known by the angling public.  And since most computers sold these days do not have CD capability I no longer tout my "Willard War & Peace" CDs.  Instead, I have reverted to just making the individual PDF chapters available as attachments or email missives whenever someone asks for info contained in that stuff.  Most of the chapters have been provided on this board not too long ago and are available by searching on BFT.

Here is the info piece on the whole CD/book for anyone who wants to search out any of the chapters.  If you can't find them I will repost them.

Attached Files
.pdf   FISHING WILLARD BAY.pdf (Size: 547.68 KB / Downloads: 23)
Your information is priceless and much appreciated
(04-27-2024, 05:28 PM)JazzyM Wrote: Your information is priceless and much appreciated

[Image: TANKS.jpg]
(04-27-2024, 08:56 AM)catfish-logic Wrote: Need to know how in the heck do you get to the east dike at Willard Bay. 

Thanks

Thanks I founded the 1500 W I could see it goes straight south to the dike. Thats fine with me. Not considering Willard until the temps climb next month.
El Catafish Logic