Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber River Question
I have a planned camping trip with friends at a campground about 1/2 mile east of Henefer.  The river borders the campground. Does anyone know what the Weber River is like right now?  Is it fast and high, or more like normal?
According to the BOR web site it looks like they are letting close to 500 cfs out of Echo.  That will make for difficult and somewhat risky fishing.  It might be scary if you have any small kids camping with you.

usbr.gov/uc/water/hydrodata/reservoir_data/941/dashboard.html

Good luck but be careful!
(05-08-2024, 06:00 PM)steelhawk Wrote: I have a planned camping trip with friends at a campground about 1/2 mile east of Henefer.  The river borders the campground. Does anyone know what the Weber River is like right now?  Is it fast and high, or more like normal?

Fast, High, and dirty.  Non fishable.
Keep the kids, dogs away.
I live within a short walk of that campground and will confirm the above. High and muddy. The campground is safe be but careful near the river. The section inbetween Echo and Rockport is a better fishing option.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Thanks for the info. When I planned this trip last year I was hoping for some good fishing, something I didn't get last year at either the Duchesne or Sevier river, both of which were fast and dirty.