Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bigfishtackle Anual Ice Fishing Photo Contest 2006
[cool] Few of us are heading up to Canada in the morning , but to late for the contest !! Did you know that when you have a girl in basketball (flaggirl ) and a boy in hockey (thunderboy ) it don't leave much time to ice fish , this will be the first trip this year !! Oh well !!

[signature]
well what can I say, it has been a soft year for ice fishing. My lake never completely froze this year.

people hundreds of miles south got more snow than we did here in south east michigan.

makes for a difficult season.

I did manage to get out three times this year, I did add one more species to the list of fish I caught this winter, 8" perch, a pair of them, they made it to half a sandmitch but not on film.

hopefuly next year we will get some better ice, I am kinda expecting a rough winter after the drout we will have this summer. (that is if the 11 year pattern I am seeing holds)

so stock up on ice tea.

any way thanks for all the entries. I do apreciate them.

every one who entered will receive a pair of walleye leaders, the winner will receive a full set.

I will catch ya on the ice next year,
[signature]
Dang! Got beat at the last minute! And I thought my little 5-6 incher was gonna win this year.

Yeah, the ice did suck this year. I didn't even dare venture out there until mid-January. And so much going on in my own personal life that I didn't have much of a chance to get out there anyway.

Next year, lets hope for a real winter... and not just 2-3 weeks of it.

Can't believe it's just getting to April and the ice isn't safe enough to even walk on!
[signature]
[cool][cool][cool]Dave thank you very much for the assorted walleye rigs. I'm sharing them with my son who is looking forward to catching some eye's this year from Burden Lake.
They are very simalar to my set up for striper fishing, I use all red beads a silver blade and a red circle hook. I think I might try your rigs for the stripers too. I let you know how they work. Chief
[signature]
Thank you, thankyou vary much, I would apreciat that vary much, I havent had the chace to hook in to any thing bigger than six pounds with them so I dont realy know how the hold up.

I havent heard of any of them failing (comming apart) line breaking is understandable if ya snag a rock.

I came up with these when fishing the rollers behind the giant ocean going freighters. and I will tell ya what, you realy have no apreciation of how big those freighters are till you come up next to one in a small fishing boat and you are sitting at the bottom of a roller and you see nothing but watter over your head in every direction..
[signature]