Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Reel
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Being a big lover of Orvis, has everyone seen the new REEL. I take it, it has replaced the cartridge LA Rocky Mountain (which in my opinion is a good thing cause there has bee nothing but trouble with the LA cartridge)[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Insides look very close to the Battenkill, and I think it is going to be a killer reel for the financially challenged[laugh][/size][/black][/font]
[url "http://www.orvis.com/store/product_directory_showcase3.asp?dir%5Fid=758&group%5Fid=768&cat%5Fid=7629&subcat%5Fid=7646"][font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]http://www.orvis.com/store/product_directory_showcase3.asp?dir%5Fid=758&group%5Fid=768&cat%5Fid=7629&subcat%5Fid=7646[/size][/black][/font][/url]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Plus some killer prices on the old model, but keep in mind, I think they are going bye, bye, so now is the time to stock up.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[center][cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]At $49.. how can you beat the price![/size][/green][/font][/center] [center] [/center] [center][url "http://www.orvis.com/store/product_choice.asp?pf_id=29AE&dir_id=758&group_id=768&cat_id=7629&subcat_id=7646"][Image: 29AKA4FFA.jpg][/url][/center]
[signature]
Regular or turbine..and then all I need is a good rod.. some backing.. a great line.. and leader.. and a rod/reel bag.. hmmmmmmmm wonder if Santa is listening.. lol.. or maybe.. get the reel and extra catridge for my shakespeare rig.. and buy the rod later.. so many choices..and not enough moneyh...lol...

MacFly
[signature]
FG,

If there has been nothing but trouble with the cassette why would one want to get it. What kinds of trouble has there been with the cassette system?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Most have learned to deal with it. The main problem was the disc fit so tight that some broke them trying to get them off. When they switched from BFR to China, that might have changed. Easy fix was to take fine sand paper and smooth the inside of the cartridge. At the price, people delt with the slight inperfections for a true LA reel.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]This new one I think is going to be big! It is using the same design (not material) as the Battenkill LA.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
As usual FG you got this old mind moving in another direction.. like back to a new reel for an old rod.. or just get a whole new rig including this new reel... lol.. makes my brain hurt thinking about it...[cool]

MacFly
[signature]
[cool]Thanks for the Heads-up FLy Goddess.
I'm gonna have to stick with my local Pro-shop.

The difference in money is not so much. Certainly not enough to break me, and I want to see my Local Pro-shop stay in business.

I'll need an extra spool and a Sinking line for my current reel. I'll order it through him (riverside fly shop) and hope that a lot of others do as well.
[signature]