Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16 bluegill caught
Caught 16 nice sized bluegill at my pond using mainly a smaller sized Rooster Tail spinner. Anyone have any good recipes for bluegill? I might go again tommorow morning at sunrise if it warms up. Also, i have pics
We have a ton of them on the Recipe board.[cool]

Did you know that your signature line is not legal on this site??? Just a heads up. We are not allowed to have any links in our posts that go directly to other sites with forums nor links that go directly to a forum.[shocked]
[signature]
Hey there holmz, like tuben2 was saying, it's against the rules to have a link to another forum in a post or signature. Please edit it next time you log into the site. I went ahead and removed the URL from your post. We'd love to have your pictures on your post though! The easiest way to upload your pictures is to load them in the photo gallery and then copy and paste the thumbnail from there onto your post.

As for your recipe, i'm a deep fried, beer batter kind of guy when it comes to panfish. I purchased some beer batter from bass pro last time I went that was very tastey. tuben2 has quite a few good recipes on the recipe board a little further down if you're into making your own from scratch. [cool]
[signature]
I like to take Pam and spray the bottom of the pan after the pan has gotten very hot. Then I like to throw fish on. Then I melt butter or margarine. I then pour the butter or margarine on the fish as it cooks. You can use spray butter it works best. I cook it until it golden brown. Once the pan is really hot turn it to a lower setting so you don't burn it. It tastes really good. I love eating blue gill.
[signature]
[cool] I like to roll my panfish in cornmeal with salt and pepper and fry them up!!! Nothing better than fried panfish, hushpuppies, and fries or cole slaw.
[signature]
Dang Bassngal, your making me hungry! You have some good recipes.[cool]
[signature]
My ole man and I would set perch traps to catch little perch about 3 - 5 inches long and we would give them a quick cleaning then a roll in cornmell and into the deap fryer they would go. We would fry them a little on the bark side and eat them up like tater chips, fins, bones and all. Good eats.
[signature]