Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 6/22 (Utah)
[size 1]Hit Pinewview with Hookjaw, my cousin, and a few friends yesterday. Our target again were the panfish, and again we really got into them.

The day started with my cousin (beginner fisherman) bringing in a nice crappie! I followed up with a nice one of the same brush pile, and then from there on we caught fish consistantly. Crappie, perch, bluegill, and mudders would slam the jig as long as you could get it in close to a submerged brush pile. Fun, fun!

About 2 hours in I had a hit that about took the rod out of my hands, set the hook, and line started screaming off of my reel. I am using a ML rod with 4lb test, so I play the fish into the deep water. Finally get it up, and it's about a 12lb carp. Yay [cool] [/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]Hot jig for us was one of TubeDudes white ice jigs with the crystal flash tail. 1/32oz I believe. Tipped with a piece of crawler.

Final totals for my cousin and I were about 20-25 crappie, and about 40 perch or so. Many gills in the mix, and about 10-12 cats. Great day to be on the water. [cool] [/size]
[signature]
I miss fishing pineview, you can target so many differant types of fish in that area between the lake and the ogden river. We used to go up to the campgrounds on the southfork and stay the weekend fishing for big browns then head down to the lake and tear up some panfish are smallies. Fun place.
[signature]