Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FISHING ALASKA 2008
I would like to inquire about some recommended King Salmon and Halibut Charters. My wife and I and one other couple plan on arriving in Anchorage by airline on 10 June 2008 and departing on the 20th. We will be renting a Motor home and would like to spend several days along the coast fishing for Kings and Halibut, before we head inland to do some sight seeing and possibly dabble in some other fishing along the way. We would also be looking for camping areas nearby that are close to any charter services. We have never visited Alaska before except for me in 1967 when I had a short layover in Anchorage enroute to Viet Nam. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We would like to book early, if you think this is a bad time frame please let us know. We really don't have to Fish the Kenai as I hear there are other rivers that may produce more action with the Kings but they don't run as large. Thanks.
[signature]
[cool]Hi Pete, I am headed to Alaska myself in 08 but we won't arrive there until the end of July. I think you should head down to Seward with the RV. You can camp right by the oceans edge and the charters are right there as well. You can also fish right from shore. I plan on hitting Homer first then travel over to Seward. We'll be fishing in both areas for halibut and kings.
I have a soft cover book I picked up and it is an excellent resource for camping thru alaska. They have a web site and if I can remember I'll pass it on to you tomarrow.
June July and August are the prime times for halibut and you should also hit the early run for salmon. Also there are plenty of opertunities for fishing up the Glenn Highway to Fairbanks.
My wife and I are taking six weeks to do the trip mainly because we are driving the Alcan. It is my retirement gift to myself and can't wait to do it. Gas will hurt but that's the way it is.
You can also do a search and type in Seward Alasks and the camping should show up. Hope you have a great time I know I will. Chief.
[signature]
Pete here is the name of the book " Traveler's guide to Alaskan Camping" The web site is [url "http://www.Rollinghomes.com"]WWW.Rollinghomes.com[/url] Hope this helps you out Chief
[signature]
Thanks for the info, we have already booked our trip and have everything pretty well in place.
[signature]