Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Club name?????
[cool][#0000ff]We had some discussion of potential names for our new float tube and pontoon club at the meeting. Not too many suggestions or ideas but I have been getting a few here and there...in person and on our written applications.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]As I mentioned in the meeting, I am kinda partial to TNT...abbreviation for Tubes N Toons. And as I also mentioned, I don't think we need to include Utah in the name. We can say TNT...Utah chapter...or something like that. And that will make it easier for tubers and tooners from other areas to join up, even if they are not going to be able to make our Utah meetings. Later on they might even form their own chapters if there are enough members in their areas.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Some of the other names submitted show creativity. But I think some of them are offered more in humor than as serious contenders. However, the voting is still open so if you have a world beater idea feel free to post it up and we will see how other members feel about it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We will see how many other suggestions we get and then put it to a final vote at our next meeting. That will be on Thursday, April 26...and will be at Willow Park Pond unless something happens to change that. [/#0000ff]
[signature]
Have been thinking about a name and have some ideas to kick around. My original thought was for "Utah T-n-T Anglers". However, the club does not cover all of Utah. My next though was for northern Utah and be called "NUT T-n-T Anglers" but that may be a commentary on our mental prowess. So my next thought was for a central Utah name "CUTE T-n-T Anglers" but only Tubebabe would qualify. So my final thought is "WASATCH T-n-T ANGLERS". Maybe I need more sleep !!! [Image: bobwink.gif]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You need to quite snorting that Smelly Jelly.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Im Good with TNT!! I guess there is the possibility of something catching on and going national therefore the need to add Utah Chapter. Utah Tubes and Tunes was suggested I think and it could be used if we are just keeping it amongst us local folks.
[signature]
[#502800]TNT is good![/#502800]
[signature]
TNT works for me.
[signature]
Talk about groupthink. [Wink]

Let's get in touch with the young generation. How bout the Float-Illas?[img]../../../images/gforum/happy.gif[/img]
[signature]
I like it. It was one of my favorite AC/DC songs...LOL
[signature]